In large WooCommerce stores with many products and many categories, the admin panel slows down sometimes when no Database caching tools are installed.
To solve this issue there are 2 ways.
1. Remove the Exclusion functionality
Because the exclusion functionality is fetching all product data & categories, this slows down the admin panel. In Redux 4, which is not released yet, it is based on AJAX. But for now it is not.
So you can if you do not need this features, comment out the lines 329 to 382 in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-catalog/admin/options-init.php.
2. Modify Redux Framework directly
Or you can modify the Redux Framework directly. Replace a php file in the redux framework plugin. Follow these steps:
- Download the following file: https://github.com/db-dzine/redux-framework/blob/master/ReduxCore/framework.php
- Open up the Redux Framework plugin folder via FTP: wp-content/redux-framework/ReduxCore/
- Replace the framework.php file on your server with the one you have just downloaded
The patched file adds some transients to the WP Queries and decreases the load time.