WooCommerce is the best way to sell products and services online. Woo is a free WordPress plugin with additional features that are available in extensions that allows you to sell products and services from your WordPress site.
WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together Products are one effective way to generate more revenues as an online retailer. Frequently Bought Together works by analyzing the previous purchases in your store database. It uses data mining algorithms to produce a memory graph of products that are usually added together to the shopping cart. Through the algorithms, Frequently Bought Together displays recommendations.
There are configurations options all aimed at making it easier for customers and increasing sales. They include:
- Setting a limit on the maximum number of recommended products
- Selecting the position of the recommendation widget
- A user interface that can be customized
- Manual fine tuning of the recommendations for each product
- Automatic recommendations
- Displaying ratings from shopify product reviews
- A free SEO report
- An option for the customer to skip cart and directly be redirected to the checkout
- The option to apply some amount of percentage discount to the bundle
How does it boost sells?
When a customer visits a product page, they find a display of a bundle composed of products usually bought together. All products are selected by default but the consumer can unselect some of the products through a user-friendly interface. For a site that uses variants, a consumer can choose desired variants. With one click, the products are then added to the shopping cart. The easier it gets for your customer, the higher your chances of generating more sales. Frequently Bought Together makes it more likely for customers to buy products hence increased revenue.
Frequently Bought Together Products
People often make purchases when complementary products offered along with the products they are viewing or looking to purchase. For example:
- A person purchasing a screen protector will look for a back panel
- A person purchasing clothes will look for matching accessories
Frequently bought together products boost your revenue because you are able to increase the number of items that a customer purchases. Through the complementary product you offer, a customer can buy an additional item besides the one already in the cart.
Cross sells and how they affect sales
There are different ways of relating products in WooCommerce. Cross sells are simply complementary items and products that you can promote in the cart based on the current product. Take for instance if you are selling a laptop. A protective case or stickers could be a cross sell. Cross sells display differently depending on the template chosen but they usually display on the cart page just below the cart products table. Cross sells have a thumbnail image. For better understanding, a cross sell is a recommended product in addition to what is already in a client’s cart.
Cross sells affect sales by increasing the number of products a customer chooses and eventually buys. Through cross-sells, a customer is attracted to add a complementary good to their cart hence generating more sales.
Difference between up and cross sells
Sometimes when using WooCommerce, you may recommend someone to use a different product instead of the one they are currently viewing. This new recommended product is what is referred to as an up-sell. An up-sell is typically a more expensive, profitable and better quality product. Up-sells are usually displayed on the single product page just below the product’s description.
Up-sells and cross-sells are different in that:
- One, they are displayed differently. Up-sells are displayed beneath the product’s description while cross-sells are displayed beneath the cart products table
- Second, with cross sales, the user recommends that a visitor purchases more than just one item related to what is already in the cart. On the other hand, up-sells recommends that the visitor choose another better product compared to the one already in the cart. Cross-sells can be thought off as an addition while up-sells can be thought of as a replacement.
- Third, cross-sales can help with creating more sales because it commends a visitor to buy more than one item hence selling more products. Since up-sell commends that a visitor buys a better product than the one they have chosen, it might not lead to greater sales. Nevertheless, the recommended product is usually more expensive therefore generating more income.
How to add cross-sells to WooCommerce
Cross-sells is one of the surest way to generate more sales. You don’t have to be a code expert in order to add cross-sells to your Woocommerce. You can add cross-sells by following these steps:
- Click on the products tab on WooCommerce and select which product you would like to show as a cross-sell
- Scroll downwards till you find the products data panel and click on it
- In the left menu, select the linked products tab
- Search for the product you would like to link and then add it
- Click update
In these simple steps, you will be able to add cross-sells to Woocommerce.
Limitations of Woocommerce related products
- Woocommerce does not automatically match products that were either bought together or put together in a cart.
- You will need to do everything manually
The advantages of Bought Together products plugin
Our WooCommerce Bought Together Plugin helps to get rid of the limitations of WooCommerce related products. It offers several advantages:
- It automatically matches bought together products through the cart or purchased algorithm thus increases cross sells with ease
- Matches products automatic on order
- It can show bought together products on single products pages as a slider or simple row or column
- You can decide how frequently bought products should be assigned
- It automatically assigns on cart updates and on purchases
- It has over 100 option settings that enables you to adjust everything yourself
- You can customize the texts, maximum products to show, display styles and everything you feel you need to customize
- It is flexible
An online retailer or store owner should definitely take advantage of Frequently Bought Together products to maximize their sales and revenues. It is without a doubt effective and efficient.